Easter Friends Stamp Set - Card Ideas
I saw this technique of using "thirds" of paper to make a background and to stamp onto vellum to make a cute card!
1. Cut three pieces of different coloured cardstock, the same size. For this card, I used 3 5/8 x 4 7/8. As you will see later, you can use different shapes or dies to create the shapes.
2. Cut 1/3 off of one of the pieces and cut 2/3 off the other piece. Each of the different colours should be a different size.
3. Layer the pieces of paper on top of eachother, gluing them together.
5. Stamp your image and sentiment onto the vellum. YOU MUST USE STAZON INK, otherwise it will not dry and will smear. Stazon ink is a permanent ink that sticks to most surfaces.
6. To glue the stamped vellum piece to the cardstock layers, flip over your stamped image and along the back, put little dots of glue in the darker areas. You don't want to use too much glue as it can show through the vellum.
Click on the items to have a closer look or to order.
For this card, I used the Stitched Rectangle dies to create the three pieces of cardstock and the vellum piece. The colours I used were So Saffron, Fresh Freesia and Highland Heather.
For this card, I used the same colours as the last card, but cut my three pieces of cardstock and vellum from the Layering Circle dies. I also used the Blending Brushes to add some Misty Moonlight to the cardbase layer.
All of the products that I used to make these cards are available for purchase from me.
- want me to place your order?
- need a catalogue?
- want to find out about upcoming card classes?
- want to Join my Team?
- have a question?
Email - JennHoustonStamps@gmail.com
Call or Text (Canada) - 204-573-8386
My Online Store - JennHouston.stampinup.net