This stamp set with coordinating dies are just the cutest!
But, you know me, I like to think a little outside the box to come up with some different ideas.
Today, I had a thought...does this shape have to be a rainbow?
Could it look like a sun instead?
And...what about a reflection in the water? Is that do-able?
Here's the card I made!
Want to make this card too? Here's how I did it.
Cardbase - Bumblebee Cardstock - 8 1/2 x 5 1/2, folded in half like a book
Layer 1 - Basic Black Cardstock - 3 5/8 x 4 3/8
Layer 2 - Pool Party Cardstock - 4 1/4 x 3 1/2
Layer 3 - Basic White Cardstock - 3 1/4 x 4
Card Insert - Basic White Cardstock - 4 x 5 1/4
Piece of Happiness & Rainbows DSP - cut out some cloud pieces
1. Stamp the smallest arch in Daffodil Delight Ink and without re-inking, flip the stamp upside down and stamp it right under the arch, so it looks like the letter "O".
2. Using the striped arch, stamp above the last image, using Crushed Curry Ink, once again, flipping the stamped image, without re-inking.
3. The next biggest arch was stamped in Bumble Ink, followed by the reflection portion.
4. The last arch colour is Mango Melody.
5. Stamp the sentiment image in the middle of the sun shape, using Memento Black Ink. Also, to add to the "reflection" look, stamp the little lined stamp using Pool Party Ink.
6. To make the Black and White Gingham Ribbon match, I coloured it with the Dark Daffodil Stampin' Blend marker.
7. Attach the ribbon to the card, making a little knot.
8. It's time to layer up the cardstock colours. Onto the Bumblebee cardstock, add the Basic Black Mat, in the top center of the card. Attach the Pool Party cardstock layer carefully over top of the Black Mat. There isn't a whole lot of room, so you may want to use Liquid Multipurpose Glue to allow for some wiggle room before it is glued for good.
9. Using Dimensionals, attach the "sun" layer over top of the Pool Party cardstock. You could stop here and have a lovely card. But, if you want to add a little more, keep on stamping with me!
11. Cut out a few cloud pieces from the Designer Series Paper, or better yet, get the punch that cuts the clouds out quickly and perfectly. Mine is on order and hasn't arrived yet.
12. Using Dimensionals, attach the clouds to the card, lining them up along the "sun" layer edge and the Pool Party cardstock edge for variety.
13. Time to prep some "bling". Using the Dark So Saffron Stampin' Blend marker, I coloured all sizes of the Rhinestones to make them "yellow".
14. I attached the rhinestones along the white line between the arches. It sure shimmers and sparkles...definitely "brightens" your day.
15. Attach the card insert to the inside of the card and your card is ready to be sent to someone as a little surprise in the mail!
All of the products that I used to make these cards are available for purchase from me.
- want me to place your order?
- need a catalogue?
- want to find out about upcoming card classes?
- want to Join my Team?
- have a question?
Email - JennHoustonStamps@gmail.com
Call or Text (Canada) - 204-573-8386
My Online Store - JennHouston.stampinup.net