Hey Birthday Chick Bundle meets a fun fold today! Check out how I made this card!
Here is the Card Recipe!
1. Glue the patterned paper to the front of the card base. Using the second largest oval die in the Stitched Shapes Dies, cut out a hole on the front card base layer only.
2. The white card insert, make sure it folds BACKWARD. This is where we will decorate with the balloons and confetti. Place it inside where you think it will go and close the card. Stamp the sentiment that you want to be peeking through on the front of the card.
3. To decorate this layer with balloon images, I used a sticky note and covered the chicken part of the stamp, leaving the balloon exposed. I put ink on the stamp, took off the sticky note and stamped the balloon where I wanted. Repeat this step until you have as many balloons as you like. Around the balloons, stamp the confetti image. Colour in the balloons with Stampin' Blends.
5. Decorate the card insert with the full chick and balloon stamp, and the little chick. Colour with Stampin' Blends markers. For the ground, I loosely coloured with the Dark Crumb Cake Marker. I then used the die over top to make it look like "straw". To accentuate this textured look even further, I used some Braided Linen Trim and pulled it to make it look frayed. I used glue dots to attach it to the ground. Attach this layer to the inside of the card.
6. For the front of the card, there was a portion of the balloon peeking through the oval window. I decided to stamp, colour and cut out a balloon that would fit right over top of the partial balloon. This led to decorating the card front with the chicken and another balloon. I also added on some Gilded Gems for some bling.
7. The oval that was cut out of the front layer was glued onto the front of the envelope. I stamped the envelope flap with different colours of confetti and added the little chick peeking behind the patterned oval.
All of the products that I used to make these cards are available for purchase through me.
- want me to place your order?
- need a catalogue?
- want to find out about upcoming card classes?
- want to Join my Team?
- have a question?
Email - email@example.com
Call or Text (Canada) - 204-573-8386
My Online Store - jennhouston.stampinup.net
Host Code - XRPZK4KU (please use this code for orders under $200 and I will send you a little gift in the mail)
Post a Comment