The Feature of the Week...
This week, I created some fun fall cards for my team members! I decided to use the Love of Leaves Bundle and I must say, I quite like it! I love how the leaves can be cut out, or just have the "veins" imprinted with the dies!
Check out this fun fold! With only using one card base, you can create three layers to the card! I learned this fold from Kathie.
- Card Base - Bumblebee Cardstock - 5 1/2 x 8 1/2, folded in half
- 2 Outside Front Layers - Plaid Tidings DSP - 1 x 4
- Front Middle Layer - Plaid Tidings DSP - 2 3/4 x 4
- "Brace" - Vellum or Window Sheets - 3/4 x 5
- Label Dies Front and Inside - Whisper White Cardstock - 2 pieces of 2 1/4 x 1 1/2
- Label Dies Back- Pretty Peacock Cardstock - 2 pieces of 3 x 2 3/4
- Label Die Inside Back- Cajun Craze Cardstock - 3 x 2 3/4
- 2 Outside Back Layers - Plaid Tidings DSP - 2 pieces of 1 x 4
- Back Middle Layer - Whisper White Cardstock - 2 3/4 x 4
- Cardstock scraps for leaves
Put it together:
- At 1 1/4 from both sides, cut up to the middle fold line on the card base.
- Add glue to both ends of the strip of vellum and glue it to the middle of the card, attaching the glue ONLY on the two outside strips of the card base.
- Glue the front two outside panels over top of the vellum.
- Lift up this layer and glue the larger piece of DSP to the middle portion of the card.
- Glue the inside label onto the DSP that you just glued down in the middle of the card.
- Add glue to one of the front labels. Lay it upside down, onto the label you just glued down.
- Lay the top portion of the card down, onto the glued up label, making sure it secures to the vellum strip.
- Put glue on the top label and fasten it over top of the vellum and the last label with the glue on it.
- Flip up the entire card, revealing the inside of the card.
- Stamp the white card insert and glue it to the middle of the inside of the card.
- Glue the side pieces down as well.
- Stamp the white top labels how you wish. One will be attached with dimensionals over the top coloured label and one will be attached to the inside coloured label.
- Add leaves and embellishments however you wish.
Here are two other examples using different colour combos with the Plaid Tidings DSP.
I had so much fun making the team cards that I wanted to use the Love of Leaves Bundle for the Mail It Out Monday Challenge Winners!
- Card Base - Old Olive Cardstock - 5 1/2 x 8 1/2, folded in half
- Layer 1 - Whisper White Cardstock - 4 x 5 1/4
- Stamped Layer - Sahara Sand Cardstock - 3 7/8 x 5 1/8
- Card Insert - Whisper White Cardstock - 4 x 5 1/4
Put it together:
- Stamp the sentiment using Soft Suede ink, onto the Sahara Sand Cardstock layer. Fill in the space around it by stamping the leaves in different ink colours.
- Using the "vein" die for the largest leaf (bottom right hand corner), run it through the Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine, on top of the stamped leaf image.
- Glue the Whisper White layer to the Old Olive Card Base.
- Attach the stamped Sahara Sand Cardstock layer to the Whisper White layer, using dimensionals.
- Tie a bow with the linen thread and glue it to the largest leaf base.
- Attach the three pearls beside the sentiment.
- I used a Stampin' Write Soft Suede marker to "flick" on some specks to the top right and bottom left corners of the card.
- Glue in the card insert.
Here are the catalogue examples using this great Love of Leaves Bundle.
Everyone needs this set to make some gorgeous fall cards!
Are you loving the Love of Leaves Bundle #155195 or any of the products that I used to make this card? All of the items are available for purchase through me.
- want me to place your order?
- need a catalogue?
- want to Join my Team?
- have a question?
Email - email@example.com
Call or Text (Canada) - 204-573-8386
My Online Store - jennhouston.stampinup.net
Host Code - 2BQGNGFT (please use this code for orders under $200)
I see you finally tried the fun fold I sent to you. Pretty with this stamp set!!ReplyDelete